Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Month In...

I have decided to create a long to chronicle the process of writing the first novel of my 4 book series (and possibly all 4) until I get published so… YAY ME! Lol.

I started putting together ideas and beginning plot development about a month ago when I had decided that I wanted to write a “coming of age”/”boarding school-esque” series (mostly I just wanted to write a book that was similar to going to boarding school because I had also wanted to go to boarding in my childhood and never the chance. They just have the cutest uniforms LOL).

So far I have gotten most of the plot and background stories and a couple of characterizations done. I have mapped out settings and named important places and named every book and created title reference to the plot and so on and so further.

In plot development, basically what I do is first get a bunch of index cards and jot a lot of random ideas onto them. Then I put them in the order I feel they should go in. And in all the empty places I fill in how you get from point A to point B… and Later all the way to Z.

I find it easiest for when you are coming up with character personalities, you should come up with the birthday and time of birth that will suit your character best, and read his/her “Personal Portrait” on astro.com. Every time I do that they almost always have my character’s personality exactly how I want it :)

♥ Kimokeo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment